Doing laundry is most likely part of your every day routine.
Did you know how important taking care of your clothes dryer is to the safety of your home?
With a few simple safety tips you can help prevent a clothes dryer fire.
Dryer safety checklist:
- Do not use your dryer without a lint filler.
- Remove and clean all lint before and after each load of laundry.
- Turn your dryer off when you go to sleep or leave the house.
- Check the outdoor vent flap to make sure it is not covered by snow or leaves.
- If you notice that your clothes are taking longer to dry than usual, clean your vent pipe or hire a dryer lint removal service.