For those wishing to reflect and remember with the community, there is an in-person Remembrance Day ceremony – Saturday, November 11, at the cenotaph located on the east side of Richmond City Hall (6911 No. 3 Road).
- 10:20 am: Parade will start and include units of Canadian veterans; members of the Royal Canadian Legion and Army, Navy and Air Force Veterans in Canada; Richmond’s permanent Canadian Forces Unit 39 Service Battalion; representation from public safety agencies; and cadet organizations.
- 10:40 am: Official ceremony will begin.
- 11:00 am: Two minutes of silence, followed by wreath laying.
- 11:30 am: Richmond Remembrance Day Reception
- Temporary road closures will be in effect on November 11 from 8:00 am to 1:30 pm (No. 3 Road and Granville Avenue surrounding City Hall).
- There will be no public parking on-site at City Hall. A limited number of accessible stalls will be available.
- Due to the solemn nature of the Remembrance Day Ceremony, pets are asked to be left at home.
Richmond’s Remembrance Day service will be available online for those unable to attend in person.